Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seriously

Did I mention 22 weeks pregnant with twin boys? Like I am so trying to control my tears, my tantrums, my tastes & keep my life, husband, kids all in balance! So to say that I have had some ups & downs, definitely would be an understatement.  And I am sure without even taking a vote my family & husband would agree (but in a very nice way).  Today at the store of my many usual purchases, I did add to the cart a few items that were off the beaten path for my tastes: Sugar Free Lime Jello/Pork Skins/Organic black bean Salsa & frozen berries other than blueberries which I have been eating for over 2 years about 4 times a day & still am in love with them.  I was very excited about all my new tastes and decided that the first thing when I got home would be crack open the new frozen fruit, add my low sugar yogurt & wham, a perfect smoothie.  Upon opening the cabinet & pulling out the top glass half of the blender (the part you put your ingredients in) I discovered that it was the only piece to my blender I owned.  Somehow, somewhere in the move last summer, I decided to keep this glass piece with the lid - and NO MACHINE TO ATTACH IT TO TO PRESS START AND MAKE A SMOOTHIE!  So, being the creative hormone driven women I am, I griped & complained to the good Lord above & reached back in the cabinet for my very small (but working with all components) chicken salad chopper.  Yes, ice, water, yogurt, frozen fruit all combined in a rather small portion inside this chopper.   I will admit it did the job quite well minus really crushing the ice - so now, on the hunt for a smoothie making blender - suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment