Matt & I were thrilled to discover that we were pregnant! After having trouble conceiving our beautiful twins, Whitney & Weston, who did come to us though an infertility program, we didn't think getting pregnant the second time would be nearly as difficult. After several years and millions of prayers, we decided to re-visit the infertility doctor again & see what options we had to help us. As much as we loved our twins, the idea of another set was not in our plans, so we opted for the least "potent" choice in infertility. The medicine prescribed was one we had used before to conceive our first time, yet it failed. The doctor said that trying this method a second time would hopefully eliminate any possibilities of multiples and was indeed extremely conservative. In his medical opinion, it probably wouldn't do any good, but we wanted to start out with extra precautions.
The first pregnancy test was negative. I was not really surprised, but yet I did feel different & most of all I was out of breath during my morning runs all of a sudden. That was very not typical for me & I decided to take another test 2 days later. The next one showed a barely there 2 lines indicated pregnancy. I was floored. I knew I was feeling different, but really? This medication that wasn't supposed to work for me did!! Praise God!!
I made an appointment with my doctor immediately knowing that I would be extrememly early in my weeks, but we were very excited! As I went for my first visit, I was apprehensive about the possiblity of multiples again. Low & behold, after my ultrasound, I was indeed pregnant, and there was indeed only one sac. I seemed to be around 5 weeks or so - and thus began my road on my second pregnancy.
Life throws things at us sometimes that we never will be able to explain. God's plans for us are never what we think they should be, yet He always knows what is good & perfect for us. One week after my visit, I began bleeding. I called the doctor worried & they told me to come in right away. Thoughts raced through my mind of the worst of course & I simply prayed that mornign on the way to the doctor that I would be content & at peace with whatever God had planned. As I went in for my ultrsound, we discovered that the sac was still there & a nice heartbeat pounding away - THANK YOU JESUS. The ultrasound tech, then turned the monitor away from me & said that she needed to document my visit & would get me set up to meet with the doctor. Then, she told me that we needed to do another ultraound & wanted me to empty my bladder & come back. As I came back into the room, she was very quiet this second time. I still was unable to see the monitor, and after what seemed like forever, she finally said, "Ginger, I am going to turn this so you can see what I am seeing here". As she turned the monitor around, she showed me the sac she had before with the heartbeat, then she moved to my left, and showed me the second sac with a very vibrant heartbeat, then she moved down below it & showed me another sac with yet another lively heartbeat.
What? Huh? Did you just show me three? Are you serious? What ? How?
Then she told me to take a deep breathe, and she would get the doctor. I was stunned. Speechless. Seven days ago my very own doctor had said that I had less than a 5 % chance of my one sac to split at all espeically given my lack of response to the infertility medication, and we were more than likely looking at a singleton pregnancy. So, wait, I just saw 3 heartbeats. God has a perfect plan - His ways are higher & better than my ways.
After much shock & amazement and a very long conversation with my doctor, I was sent on my way with my ultrasound photos in hand to share the news with Matt. Oh Lord, sustain me.
I have to be honest, it was not exactly what he wanted to hear. However, being the strong Christian man that he is & which is one of the many reasons I married him & am still in much love with him today, after about 5 minutes he calmed down, and recalled to me his verse from God only 1 week before that was revealed to him the day we discovered we were expecting: "He will love you & bless you & increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land- your grain, new wine and oil..."you will be blessed more than anoy other poeople, none of your men or women will be childless nor any of your livesstock without young" Deuteronomy 7:13-14
Odd verse to have on the day you discover you are pregant, no, it's not that odd, it was even clearer to me that it was God's hand in our lives. Bless & increase us, boy, He meant literally this time huh? Three - I was still in shock. What about room for this many? What about our other precious blessing children, what about my health, what what what - - "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food & the body more than clothes" - don't worry that is God's command for me. He didn't say it was easy, but here I go.
As I begin this journey, I hope to use this blog to document my path for others to not only keep up with our progress, but to see how God is shaping our lives with this amazing blessing - amazing medically & physically, God is bigger than anything. "Direct my footsteps according to your will,"- Psalm 119:133
Here is the ultrasound of our sweet blessings:

No comments:
Post a Comment