Yesterday I was literally too mentally & physically worn out to update on the events of the day - today I feel like I have gathered up my wits, put on my big girl boots & can do it.
Being anxious about my doctor's visit to see the babies Marcia (Matt's Mom) went with me. As we got ready for the ultrasound, I was just a bit nervous, after all we had seen one sac, then three the following week, I figured I had all reason's to feel tension. The ultrasound tech began to shake her head & said I just can't believe it, then showed us where in sac #3, it has split into identical twins, thus making 4 (FOUR) babies. Deep breathe, freak out, cry hystarically.
We both cried & the tech was so stunned she just couldn't speak. After several moments of gathering ourselves, we were left alone to wait on the doctor. It was at that point we cried out to God in desparate prayer, why? How? What exactly is your plan in this?? "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you & give you health, not to harm you," - right? Well, this was the verse I clutched onto in those following 20 minutes as we discussed my change in the number of babies & even heightened risk of pregnancy. My doctor had no previous experience in delivering quadruplets, ( I can barely say or type that word still) so he explained to us that we would be transferred to UAB hospital in the high risk Maternal & Fetal Division. Which, of course is a God thing b/c due to Marcia's nursing experience, she still had many contacts in that hopital in the woman's area. PRAISE GOD that the director now was a friend of hers that we were able to speak to that same day & I can only say that GOD's hand was over us leading us in the right direction.
Where I sit today, with my two beautiful healthy children sleeping, my loving & caring & supportive husband working downstairs in this home God has given to us, I am blessed. I know that God will protect, guide & show us the way on this new journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment